[Centos-docs] DVD install create small howto

Sat Sep 9 15:17:00 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-09 at 16:26 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> This here seems to have been the first misunderstanding: What I wanted
> to say was, that I would like it very much, if the script is attached to
> the wiki page itself so that you don't have to pull it down from an
> external entity -> selfhosting Wiki. You can do this with
> script with a small paper-clip icon next to it.

Or if we are going to use a mirror .. lets use mirror.centos.org.

Not sure about attachments for scripts though, as we might change them
on mirror.centos.org. Of course, if it changes on mirror.centos.org it
might make the directions incorrect and having a copy in the wiki might
be a good thing.  I'd go either way on that :)

> > Sript uses implantisomd5 and mkisofs, so you might also want to install:
>
> "The script uses"
>

> > Now we download set of CD images (one can change URL with the closest one):
>
> "need to download". "change URL to the closest download mirror".
>
> > wget
> > http://merlin.fit.vutbr.cz/mirrors/centos/4/isos/i386/CentOS-4.4-i386-bin1of4.iso
>
> What I meant here: Why not directly put "mirrors.centos.org" there? That
> already *is* a distributed environment, so the user doesn't have to rely
> on *one* external entity. But I'm not anal about that.

I absolutely agree that mirror.centos.org should be used if possible ...
however for ISOs that is not possible ... so we should point to:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/isos/i386/

This will always point to GeoIP relevant i386 ISO servers for the user.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes