[CentOS-docs] subscribed wiki pages

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:14:11 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 1:36 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > Sorry, I spoke too soon. Just checked the spam filter implemented by
> > my work place and the e-mail was trapped there.  It was caught
> > probably because of utf-8 characters on the subject line and/or the
> > sender name "noreply".
>
> Hmm?
>
> As Tim's mail showed, moin goes out of it's way to *not* put utf-8 data
> into the subject line, but to encode it, so that it is 7bit clean.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ralph

OK, to see how the trapped e-mail was analyzed, I went to see the
report section of the filter:

=== Spam Analysis Report (Score = 3.2) ===

0.6 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
 0.1 COMBINED_FROM          From address suggests this is spam
 0.0 SUBJECT_EXCESS_QP      Subject: quoted-printable encoded unnecessarily
 0	SPF query returned 'none'
Custom Rule    24:        (2.5 points)  sender contains noreply
[Note: done by our network guy]

Word: Password (0.079)
Word: password+please (0.060)
Word: password+Login (0.054)
Word: email+lost (0.054)
Word: s*Wiki (0.041)
Word: lost+password (0.035)
Word: use+data (0.031)
Word: use+copy (0.027)
Word: requested+submit (0.020)
Word: Login+Name (0.013)
Word: wiki+centos (0.010)
Word: UserPreferences (0.010)
Word: s*wiki (0.010)
Word: centos (0.010)
Word: password+field (0.010)

Score of 0 points due to statistical analysis
=== end of report ===

However, my real interest is not the filter issue. I have already
whitelisted centos.org.  But thing is I have yet to confirm the change
notice e-mail gets sent to me.  To increase the chance, I have added
several more pages to the subscribed list.  So someday one of those
pages will be edited and I will get the answer to this question.

Akemi