[CentOS-docs] language support

Daniel de Kok

danieldk at pobox.com
Wed Feb 14 19:56:04 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007 20:32:33 +0100
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> Hmmm. I see a small problem there ...
>
> We have to make sure, that nobody has the idea to rename the *links*
> themselves to their local language.

True, but I guess that's a good idea? It would allow for checking the
state of translations in the future, e.g. by adding something like

#OriginalEnRevision 23

to translated page it would be possible to generate a per-language
summary of the state of the translation. E.g. suppose that someone
makes a Polish translation of a bunch of pages, and then drops of the
list. It would be nice if the Wiki administrators could see what
important updates are missing, without looking for some native reader
that has to check all pages.

My experience with managing translations for another large opensource
project is that they often fall behind quickly, and that it is nice to
have some metrics to decide when pages should be removed/disabled.

-- Daniel