[CentOS-docs] Edit permissions and CD to DVD procedure

Mon Mar 26 16:58:38 UTC 2007
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at nasa.gov>

On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 10:36 -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
> Wiki name PhilSchaffner.  I would like to work on the following pages:
> Would also like to see some content in TipsAndTricks/CDtoDVDMedia.  My
> attempts to do this have failed to produce a usable DVD.  The firewall
> at work precludes using BitTorrent to download anything so it is hard to
> get the DVD iso image.  Would be glad to help edit that page also if
> someone can provide a hint.  Tried to follow the advice in the thread
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-docs/2006-September/000016.html
>
> that was supposed to result in the above page being filled in.  I can
> produce a bootable DVD using the procedure and the referenced script
> mkdvdiso.sh (after fixing a syntax error) but attempts to use it to
> install die with a complaint about not being able to find the 2nd CD -
> at least for the C5 beta.   Has anybody made this work?

Sorry for the self-reply - never got a response to this part of the
original query, and I see we have another potential contributor
interested in this area - Wojtek Pilorz.  Have done some more work on
the mkdvdiso.sh script and can now make it work for CD ISO images, but
not yet from the OS unpacked tree - builds a DVD that boots, but is not
recognized as CentOS install media - I'm missing something about
the .diskinfo file.  Also added some sanity checks.

Phil