[CentOS-docs] CentOS Wiki

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Wed May 23 18:17:47 UTC 2007

Daniel de Kok wrote:
> Thanks for your offer to translate the Wiki. Wait for Ralph to chime in
> for an authoritive reply, but I think there are a couple of things that
> still need to be sorted out:

If we're able to get some pages into the wiki I'd opt for: Yes, we need
the stuff to be sorted out, but I'm happy to have more content first -
with some restrictions. We already kind of lost the spanish translation
because of that.

> - Hierarchical ACLs.

We definitely will need that at some time, at the moment I'm happy to
create pages when needed.

> - Page markers that we'll want to add to pages.

This can be handled afterwards.

> - Handling of untranslated pages that are in the "English
>   subspace" (there's a Moin plugin for this in the Wiki).

Restriction for new pages: They absolutely have to have the same name as
their english pendants so that this plugin will work.

> - How we are going to present translated pages to a user, especially
>   when just a few pages are translated. Maybe it would be nice if an
>   English page shows a pull-down or flags if a translation is available.

Yes, but that can also be done afterwards, I think. We might want to
discuss this at LinuxTag if time permits. Same goes for a better CSS :)

> - A policy (e.g., do we *only* allow translations of English pages
>   to maintain consistency).

A "Write an english page first if you have a translation" would also
work for me.

Cheers,

Ralph