[CentOS-docs] CentOS Wiki

Wed May 23 16:05:58 UTC 2007
Daniel de Kok <danieldk at pobox.com>

Hi Sebastian,

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 17:50 +0200, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:
> I thought a bit about what I could do and I think I would like to help
> translating the wiki in other languages.
>
> I speak English, German and also French.

Thanks for your offer to translate the Wiki. Wait for Ralph to chime in
for an authoritive reply, but I think there are a couple of things that
still need to be sorted out:

- Hierarchical ACLs.
- Page markers that we'll want to add to pages.
- Handling of untranslated pages that are in the "English
  subspace" (there's a Moin plugin for this in the Wiki).
- How we are going to present translated pages to a user, especially
  when just a few pages are translated. Maybe it would be nice if an
  English page shows a pull-down or flags if a translation is available.
- A policy (e.g., do we *only* allow translations of English pages
  to maintain consistency).

-- Daniel