[CentOS-docs] Announcing the CentOS on Laptops initiative

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Sun Nov 25 21:03:54 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to announce a CentOS on Laptops initiative. The aim is to
> allow everybody in the community (and on this mailinglist) to document
> their own experience with CentOS on their laptop (on the CentOS wiki).
>

> The goal of this initiative consists of 2 parts:
>
>  - help and convince people with their own CentOS on laptop installation
>
>  - promote CentOS on other Laptop websites and fill in this existing void
>

> I hope that everyone think back about the experience on their existing
> laptop and add it to the wiki, and document everything when doing future
> laptop installations.
>

> <insert your favorite motivational quote here ! :)>

if you can setup something on the wiki - perhaps a few templates and we
can all fill in  a few. give people something to look at right off the
starting blocks, we can then announce this via the centos-announce list
and on the website etc...

I can definitely fill out atleast 5 different laptop configs that work
with centos-5.