[CentOS-docs] Announcing the CentOS on Laptops initiative

Mon Nov 26 17:21:38 UTC 2007
Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org>

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Cleber P. de Souza wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007 8:17 AM, Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de> wrote:
> > Dag Wieers wrote:
> > > I hope that everyone think back about the experience on their existing
> > > laptop and add it to the wiki, and document everything when doing future
> > > laptop installations.
> >
> > Hmmm.
> >
> > I think we are reaching a stage, where we really have to think about a
> > different acl model on the wiki ...
> >
> > Of course we can add a LaptopGroup now, which can edit all pages
> > underneath there, but I think that stuff is slowly going to kill us ...
>
> Initially I think that the groups creating could be done by a group of
> primary administrator and each new created group should have 1 ou 2
> admins so that from this point on, these local group admins can manage
> the acceptance, inclusion and delegation permissions for users inside
> these groups and just inside it. This behavior will distribute the
> responsability for minor groups and will help in case of problem
> because these local group admins can affect only the local groups for
> that they were delegated.
>
> Just a suggestion.

I would prefer to open it up to anyone who has registered. The real power
for a wiki is that it is easy to add and improve and the more levels of
complexity (and latency) you add before things can be added, the less
momentum you have.