[CentOS-docs] HowTo: Samba with ADS security in CentOS 5

Christoph Maser cmr at financial.com
Tue Oct 2 06:33:08 UTC 2007

Daniel, for me adding a samba/winbindd server to the domain is 2 calls
to system-config-securitylevel_:

authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5 --enablekrb5 --krb5realm=
$KRB_REALM --k rb5kdc=$AD_SERVER --kickstart

 authconfig-tui --kickstart --enablewinbind --enablewinbindauth
--smbsecurity=ads --smbrealm=$KRB_REALM --smbservers=$AD_SERVER
--winbindjoin="Administrator" --winbindtemplatehomedir=/home/%U
--winbindtemplateshell=/bin/bash --enablewinbindusedefaultdomain
--smbworkgroup=FINANCIAL --enablelocauthorize

So what is the big deal here? Oh yea you need a patched authconfig until
CentOS 5.1 is released, see http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2213.

Maybe you could modify your contribution a bit...

Chris

Am Montag, den 01.10.2007, 19:32 +0200 schrieb Daniel Lindgren:
> Hello!
>
> I have recently gone through the hassle of trying to get a CentOS 5
> server (no gui) with Samba to use ADS for security. After several days
> of googling and trying different howtos I finally got it working, I
> now want to write a howto for CentOS 5, Samba 3.0 and Windows Server
> 2003 SP2.
>
> Basically it's a combination of
> http://www.howtoforge.com/samba_ads_security_mode and
> http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html, with additions that actually make things work.
>
> Regards,
> Daniel Lindgren

financial.com AG

Management board/Vorstand: Dr. Steffen Boehnert (CEO/Vorsitzender) | Dr. Alexis Eisenhofer | Dr. Yann Samson | Matthias Wiederwach