[CentOS-docs] Wiki deuglification Part I

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Thu Oct 4 16:54:50 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007, Dag Wieers wrote:

> What I didn't mention yet is that the Google Adsense is eating away 20% of
> my viewable screen area (I have a 1024x768 resolution) and I think that is
> totally unacceptable. Together with the logo and Wiki title you loose 50%
> of the screen.
>
> 	http://dag.wieers.com/attic/CentOS/Screenshot-wiki.png
>
> I do not even see the *real* content of the front-page. And you don't want
> to have a side-bar ?? Compare this to other frontpages:
>
> 	http://openvz.org/
> 	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS
>
> The content is accessible without having to scroll. I can automatically
> start to read.

Compare these links:

	http://dag.wieers.com/attic/centos/screenshot-wiki.png
	http://dag.wieers.com/attic/centos/screenshot-openvz.png
	http://dag.wieers.com/attic/centos/screenshot-mediawiki.png

and you understand why the CentOS wiki is unacceptable. There is no
content on the first page on my viewable area, hence the need for at least
one sidebar hosting the logo and structure (and maybe ads).