[CentOS-docs] Wiki restructure

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 02:14:29 UTC 2007

On 9/27/07, Dag Wieers <dag at centos.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would propose something like this:
>
>         http://wiki.centos.org/FrontPageProposal
>
> and move everything to the subsections (maybe even move page references to
> fit in these subsections). With a change like this, the wiki will become
> much more straightforward to new users and hopefully will encourage people
> to contribute.
>
> What do people think ?

I agree, some improvement to the wiki would be nice. Here is another
structure proposition:

http://wiki.centos.org/es?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=wiki-structure-1-en.png

I would like to implement it in es/ page. Would it be convenient ?

Also, I would like to discuss a little about namespace.

Some time ago (when daniels redirection wiki plugin) we talked about
the idea of move all English pages to en/ namespace, is that still
possible ?.

The cases of Repositories/, PackageManagement/,
YumCheckOrInstallUpdates pages. They are listed under HowTos but the
name space don't say that. Could them be put under HowTos/ namespace ?

The case of HowTos/Network/SomePage, could it be just HowTos/SomePage
? Or, HowTos/Category/SomePage for all pages under HowTos.

What do you think about the actual wiki namespace, could we improve it
some way ?

Thanks,

al.