[CentOS-docs] IPTables ammendments

Ned Slider nedslider at f2s.com
Mon Sep 17 22:10:57 UTC 2007

Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-16 at 16:56 +0100, Ned Slider wrote:
>> Thank you Ralph.
>>
>> In the absence of any further comments/corrections on:
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables
>>
>> I'm happy for you to go ahead and live link it in the Wiki at your
>> discretion.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
> <snip>
>
> Is it possible to include a detail about iptables-save and
> iptables-restore to use the included iptables init script ..
>
> <snip>
>
> This way it will be done the 'standard' way on CentOS/Upstream ... ;-)

I've added a note on init scripts. Having re-read the manual, using
/sbin/service iptables save does appear to be the standard Upstream
method rather than directly invoking iptables-save and/or iptables-restore:

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-5-manual/Deployment_Guide-en-US/ch-iptables.html#s1-iptables-saving

I've corrected a few other minor typos and errors including incorrect
use of the terms chains/tables.