CentOS Wiki Access [was Re: [CentOS-docs] need a TOC]

Thu Sep 27 12:27:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 19:00 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

> Phill, I agree with you. The problem is how to establish trust, or how to
> establish trust when you are not allowed to do anything.
>
> I think trust could be based not only on merit, but also on the person's
> behaviour in the community (CentOS or maybe even more widely). This may be
> necessary on a case-by-case basis.

Dag,

Agree.  Perhaps I was not sufficiently explicit, but in my mind the
process might be something like this:

1. Join the -docs list and offer to contribute something.
2. Implement the contribution and respond to comments.
3. Remain active for some probationary period, TBD.
4. Request members Wiki access granting privileges to edit existing
pages not explicitly protected and create new pages in "public" areas of
the Wiki. [1]
5. Agree to conditions (TBD) for such access, as determined by the core
developers or other designated responsible parties.
6. Continue to actively participate as a good citizen of the community.

Abusers or non-participants for some period of months would lose access
privileges.

[1]: "Public" might exclude sections such as QA or other
limited-membership areas, and sections whose authors explicitly request
exclusive rights.

Feel free to reply on- or off-list.

Regards,
Phil
--
Philip R. Schaffner, RTD/ESB             Phone: (757)864-1809
NASA/Langley Research Center, MS 473     FAX:   (757)864-7891