CentOS Wiki Access [was Re: [CentOS-docs] need a TOC]

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Thu Sep 27 14:55:29 UTC 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Phil Schaffner wrote:
> > Agree.  Perhaps I was not sufficiently explicit, but in my mind the
> > process might be something like this:
> >
> > 1. Join the -docs list and offer to contribute something.
> > 2. Implement the contribution and respond to comments.
> > 3. Remain active for some probationary period, TBD.
> > 4. Request members Wiki access granting privileges to edit existing
> > pages not explicitly protected and create new pages in "public" areas of
> > the Wiki. [1]
> > 5. Agree to conditions (TBD) for such access, as determined by the core
> > developers or other designated responsible parties.
> > 6. Continue to actively participate as a good citizen of the community.
>
> This will happen from now on. I'm going to watch over who contributes
> what where and will give away elevated rights then. Think about it as a
> "benevolent dictatorship" :)
>
> And feel free to jostle me (all of you) if you think I overlooked
> someone.

I think it would be very useful to have a Documentation (and a Promo) SIG.
And have a seperate part of the wiki for SIG information. Eg. who is part
of it, how to join and procedure to get access.

Having this for the Virtualisation, Documentation, Promo and who knows
what other SIGs there will be, helps to have some transparency for
newcomers and people from other SIGs. And identify people you can talk to
regarding the SIG.

PS Did I already mention adding photos to you personal wiki page and the
SIG memberlist ;-)