[CentOS-docs] Wiki restructure

Dag Wieers dag at centos.org
Thu Sep 27 23:15:28 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Now that there is an effort underway to improve the look/theme of the
Wiki. I would like to discuss the content of the wiki.

IMO there are too many links on the frontpage. With a new theme, the
News/Events items on top can go into a sidebar, so that will be taken care
of the news items. I will not discuss them here.

But currently, there is little structure in all the links/titles on the
Frontpage and that is, to say the least, confusing.

I would prefer to end up with a Frontpage that lists up to 7 subsections
on the front page and moves most of the other links to one of these
subsections.

I would propose something like this:

	http://wiki.centos.org/FrontPageProposal

and move everything to the subsections (maybe even move page references to
fit in these subsections). With a change like this, the wiki will become
much more straightforward to new users and hopefully will encourage people
to contribute.

What do people think ?