[CentOS-docs] Multimedia Howto

Ralph Angenendt

ra+centos at br-online.de
Tue Sep 11 10:51:48 UTC 2007

Nick Sklav wrote:
> I have written a multimedia howto for centos 5, i was asked a while back
> to post it on the wiki from within the centos irc room. i have
> registered an account and would like to contribute it.
>
> For those interested the link of the current howto is posted below.
>
> http://www.sklav.com/?q=node/2

I like it and see no problem of that one going under the TipsAndTricks
section.

Three things:

a) See <http://wiki.centos.org/HowToContribute/EditingCentOSWiki> - can you
   drop the "I will discuss", "I am aware" and rewrite it to something more
   general? The way it's written doesn't fit the style of the rest on
   the wiki.

b) After the repository adding steps: Please make people aware of the
   priorities plugin and put at least a link to
   <http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities> in your
   write up - we don't want people complaining about one of those
   repositories having eaten their dogs ...

c) Could you explain in a little more detail what your "yum -y install"
   does to a users machine? And please drop the "-y" from that command
   in your writeup?

Other than that: Yes, in my opinion let us put that on the wiki.

Oh, two other things: What is your account name on the wiki? NickSklav,
I presume?

And: We are going to put the "lyrics" on the wiki under a
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/> Creative Commons
Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license as soon as I figure out on how to do
that correctly in moin. You have to say "yes" to that :)

Cheers,

Ralph