[CentOS-docs] Wiki restructure

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Fri Sep 28 10:48:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
> > I would prefer to end up with a Frontpage that lists up to 7 subsections
> > on the front page and moves most of the other links to one of these
> > subsections.
> >
> > I would propose something like this:
> >
> > 	http://wiki.centos.org/FrontPageProposal
>
> I hope you're not serious about the colors. I for one cannot really read
> the first line, the links in that aren't visible to me at all.

Feel free to improve. These are the original colors from the logo. Making
them a little softer should work.

But the news-items will move to a sidepane anyway, when we have a theme.
The mail was more about the idea of limiting the number of links on the
front page.

> > and move everything to the subsections (maybe even move page references to
> > fit in these subsections). With a change like this, the wiki will become
> > much more straightforward to new users and hopefully will encourage people
> > to contribute.
>
> Then at least a rather big "about CentOS" section should be on there.
> This is not enough information for a front page (well, at least for me).

It depends on how you look at it. It could be as part of the "Contribute
to CentOS". Or the important information could be in the FAQ.

I guess an About CentOS subsection would be useful, if there's not too
much overlap with other subsections. What information would it link to ?