[CentOS-docs] Wiki restructure

Dag Wieers

dag at centos.org
Fri Sep 28 12:44:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Ralph Angenendt wrote:

> Dag Wieers wrote:
> > But the news-items will move to a sidepane anyway, when we have a theme.
>
> I am not sure how you want to do that. It's no problem moving links to a
> side pane (although I hate sidepanes), but for that you have to edit the
> wiki config, those aren't fillable via normal wiki edits.

It must be possible to extend a wiki with own macros. There are addons for
MoinMoin to show a month-calendar and things like that. You can get
information from an RSS feed or something else.

My intention is to have 2 boxes, one for upcoming events and one for
latest news items.

In fact, it would also be nice to have the planet feed (last 3 posts or
so) on the wiki as well. Just to show things are moving even though the
frontpage is in essence a static page anyway.