[CentOS-docs] iptables article for Wiki

Mon Sep 10 15:45:48 UTC 2007
Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com>

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>> The article would be based on a tutorial I have previously written here:
>>
>> http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=432469
>>
>> I'm not sure where the article should best go so leave that to your
>> discretion.
>
> I created <http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Network/IPTables> for you. It's
> not linked from anywhere yet, so feel free to take your time.

Having looked around a little, that looks great.

>> If you have any further advice on the type or style of article
>> best suited to the Wiki format, please do not hesitate to offer advice,
>> otherwise I would use my existing tutorial as a starting point for a
>> contribution.
>
> Yes, please do so - it seems to be a pleasant read. We can go over it
> after you finished it (or have something to show).
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/HowToContribute/EditingCentOSWiki> <- not a real
> styleguide, but please take that into mind while writing.
>
>> I have created an account on the Wiki under the username of NedSlider
>
> And as that you are now able to edit that page.

Oops - I get an error: "This page does not exist yet. You can create a
new empty page, or use one of the page templates. Before creating the
page, please check if a similar page already exists."

When I click to "Create new empty page" I get "You are not allowed to
edit this page."

Maybe the permissions have yet to filter down or am I doing something
stupid??

>> Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further
>> information. Be gentle, I'm a Wiki newbie!
>
> We'll see while you get along with the article. If you think the
> article should be split into smaller articles, then please say so and
> we'll create more pages for that.
>
> Thank you for contributing that guide!
>
> Ah, one more question: We are going to put the "lyrics" on the wiki
> under a <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/> Creative
> Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 license as soon as I figure out on
> how to do that correctly in moin. You have to say "yes" to that :)

Brilliant. That's fine by me :)

Thanks for your help!