[CentOS-docs] need a TOC

Wed Sep 26 12:36:11 UTC 2007
Phil Schaffner <Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov>

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 14:03 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Akemi Yagi wrote:
> > I think that this page needs a TOC:
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Nagios
>
> I still think that this wiki is a wiki.

And it is still a Wiki that presents "Immutable Page" on the "Actions"
bar to most viewers and potential editors, even those who are
contributors in other areas.  Personally I have been much less active in
contributing to the Wiki, due to the hurdle of having to ask for
permission in every new instance, than I might have been with more open
access.

I understand that general write/create/modify access permissions have
resulted in abuses in the past, requiring the limitations, but still
maintain that contributors "in good standing" (conditions TBD, but not
TOO tight - can always be demoted :-) should be granted a higher level
of access.  This approach would also decrease the workload on those who
must grant permission on a case-by-case basis.  If some authors are
reluctant to subscribe to the openness of the Wiki philosophy within
these limits, their pages could presumable have a higher level of
protection.  I admit to ignorance as to the details of how this could be
implemented on this "MoinMoin Powered" Wiki.

Phil