[CentOS-docs] becoming root

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 12:35:51 UTC 2008

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
> On 04/20/2008 01:51 PM, Nils Ratusznik wrote:
>>
>> - About the NOPASSWD version of the quick and dirty setup : I'm not
>> against it if there is a big fat warning sign attached.
>  I am against it. Those who do not need the warning sign already know
> the message we try to send via this page and those who do need the
> warning sign would better avoid NOPASSWD.

Well, there is already a warning, just that it's not in HUGE red bold font:

"sudo will ask for a password. This password is bob's password, and not
root's password, so be careful when you give rights to a user with sudo."

Maybe we could make the wording a little stronger, bold or something
just in case anyone skips over it without the significance sinking in!