[CentOS-docs] Diskless Clients

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Apr 17 23:35:59 UTC 2008

John wrote:
>> There will be no system-config-netboot in CentOS5. However, there were
>> plans to get cobbler into the centos-extras's repo so that people can
>> start using that instead.
>
> Karan, do you know of a date in question it may be in the extras-repo
> for centos 5 and > and please all the deps required?

No reason why it cant happen pretty much right away. I know there are
quite a few people who used cobbler from the present testing repo, but
never bothered to come back with good / bad reports.

Let me look into this, if its not in the mirror.centos.org repo in the
next week, please feel free to heckle me.