[CentOS-docs] To do List

Sun Apr 6 00:28:12 UTC 2008
Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com>

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 5:03 PM, John <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 2008-04-06 at 00:25 +0100, Ned Slider wrote:
>>  > John wrote:
>>
>>  Sure we could do that no problem. OK I think maybe what I am thinking of
>>  is writing it in text. Then we can collaberate on it then add the
>>  screenshots etc for the dkms part?

The Wiki is a collaborative tool so we can use that. Once a page is
started, others can add sections to it. It need not be publicly linked
until ready for public consumption.

An outline before we start might be useful. There appears to be 3 methods:

1. Install direct from nvidia
2. Install from RPMForge - dkms/nvidia rpm
3. Install from ATrpms

A section covering each. The next (obvious) question a user will
probably ask is which method should I use? I'm not best equipped to
answer that or how best that is dealt with.

John - have you created a Wiki user account yet? Once you have, please
post your Wiki username to the list and Ralph can get you added. Users
don't initially have permissions to do anything until Ralph adds them (a
practice designed to limit spam etc and hopefully not too restrictive to
genuine contributors!).

> And it would be great if someone can write about the kmdl method
> offered by ATrpms.  In some situations it is a better choice than the
> dkms.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that so it won't be me :)