[CentOS-docs] becoming root

Tue Apr 8 21:11:52 UTC 2008
Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com>

Rafał Ślubowski wrote:

> I've mentioned consolehelper just because I think I can write such
> section. Of course it should be proofreaded because of my English.

Brilliant. I'm more than happy to proof read if you would be so kind as
to write something :)

I've put up a draft page here to get us started:

http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/BecomingRoot

...thanks Alain for tidying it up :)

Do you have edit permissions? If not, hopefully Ralph can get you fixed up.

>>  On an additional note, whilst investigating consolehelper, I also noticed
>> the "Run Command..." option on the KDE Menu (...). Perhaps a gnome
>> user could advise if gnome has similar functionality?
>
> There is a gnomesu (http://xsu.sourceforge.net/) project.

Is this included on a standard CentOS gnome install?