[CentOS-docs] Re: Diskless Setup

Fri Apr 18 11:01:34 UTC 2008
John <jses27 at gmail.com>

Max,

I get the error of the kernel panic after getting it to boot my default
client configuration. The Kernel error indicates it can't mount the root
file system. So if I'm thinking correct it has a bad initrd.img file. I
am thinking of possibly rebuilding it in the client bits directory.

The second idea to that problem could be the wrong appended boot "root
filesystem." as in
root=/srv/diskless/FOO/root as it could actually be pointing to the
server root and not the client root.

example: kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00
to:kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/srv/diskledss/FOO/root

All of this was with and without the Patches applied. I could not to no
avail get 'updateDiskless' patch to work. It would bail out with errors
all the time.

I will let know on Saturday with what I come up with as today is a
workday

--
~/john

OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079