[CentOS-docs] Acer laptops (and the snd_hda_intel module

Sun Aug 10 00:28:02 UTC 2008
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

Just a note for anyone doing a page on Acer laptops.  I had put in my
own page, and notice that someone had put in theirs as well, that though
the module loads, sound doesn't work.

It turns out that one can get sound working by downloading the latest
alsa drivers. I've added a note to my page on the 4720z.  The issue
seems to be that CentOS uses an older version of alsa.

(I also, of course, added the caveat that this means using something
untested by CentOS developers.)
Thanks to Alan for reminding me about this.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: Maybe we shouldn't be too couply around Buffy.
Cordelia: Oh, you mean 'cause of how the only guy that ever liked her
turned
into a vicious killer and had to be put down like a dog?
Xander: Can she cram complex issues into a nutshell or what?