[CentOS-docs] SELinux

Mon Aug 11 08:14:58 UTC 2008
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

Ned Slider wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've knocked up a contribution on SELinux here:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SELinux
>
> I've tried to pitch it as an introduction for those not already
> familiar with SELinux but also hopefully a useful reference.
>
> I'm relatively new to SELinux and have covered pretty much everything
> I know to the limits of my limited knowledge. If folks think other
> material needs to be covered then it may be more appropriate for them
> to make the additions rather than me. Consider it a "get the ball
> rolling" contribution that the community can add to as necessary :)
>
> Comments welcomed,
I would add the following just before "Sumamry" (in case one wants to
edit the rules suggested by audit2allow):

    Building module policy manually

- grep sendmail /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow -M postfix
- while reviewing the generated postfix.te

    module local 1.0;

    require {
            type httpd_log_t;
            type postfix_postdrop_t;
            class dir getattr;
            class file { read getattr };
    }

    allow postfix_postdrop_t httpd_log_t:file getattr;

we decide that we do not want either to *relabel* the files or to
*allow* the action, but it is safe to *ignore* the warnings. Therefore
we edit the action rule, like below:

    dontaudit postfix_postdrop_t httpd_log_t:file getattr;

We now need to compile and load the policy:

    $ checkmodule -M -m -o postfix.mod postfix.te
    $ semodule_package -o local.pp -m postfix.mod
    $ semodule -i postfix.pp