[CentOS-docs] Visualization and desktop page

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 00:20:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 07:11:09PM -0500, Max Hetrick wrote:
> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
> > Just so everyone is one the same level here, could you please
> > define: Visualizations
>
> I guess I shouldn't have used that term. What I mean are apps like
> desktop eye candy programs: gdesklets, conky, etc.
>
> Does that make more sense? I know it's not CentOS specific, and sure not
> server specific, which is why I ask. But I know people pretty up their
> CentOS installations that they use as desktops, and thought I'd put the
> idea out there to chew on.

I know I'd like to see such things (as one of the culprits in a way,
having a few articles on laptops on the wiki.)

Actually, by odd coincidence, just today I was thinking of putting Conky
on one of them.  But if Max, whose nagios articles I recommend to
everyone, regardless of O/S, who is having trouble figuring out the
nagios docs, is writing about it, I'll wait till he writes it to do it.

So here's one vote for it.   :)   (After seeing Max's post, I went to
his site to see if he'd already done it there, but apparently not.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Giles: What are you doing?
Willow: Oh. Sorry. The reflection thing that you don't have...Angel,
how do you
shave?