[CentOS-docs] initial draft for Samsung NC10

Scott Robbins

scottro at nyc.rr.com
Mon Dec 8 14:36:33 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 09:26:26AM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 02:51:56PM +0100, Tru Huynh wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Laptops/Samung/NC10 has been setup.
> > Not much there yet.
> >

> Judging from lspci, I think the wireless should be linked to the
> AR5007EG page.  <Disclosure: The AR5007EG is mostly mine.>
>
> Not having the machine to test though, I'm reluctant to place the link
> myself.

Also, it looks as if the EEE PC rpm repo mentioned has a much older
version of MadWifi, from 2007.  The later versions seem to work much
better, IMHO, with the disadvantage that they have to be compiled, but
it's really relatively trivial.  Is it still using the old 2756
snapshot?  (That was, IIRC, the first one that really worked in almost
all cases.)

The version in the repo is from 2007 which isn't even shown in the
Madwifi snapshot list anymore, unless it's been getting updated and the
date doesn't reflect that.

Last question, for arrfab, while I'm on this, does that rpm also work
for the newer EEE PC's.  I know that up to, I think, the 900 series,
they were using the AR5007EG, but they've now changed to a Realtek card.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Joyce: Something's gonna eat those babies?
Principal Snyder: I think that is so wrong.