[CentOS-docs] Visualization and desktop page

John

jses27 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:40:54 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 01:28 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> John wrote:
> > Hi Max maybe something along the line that Looks like Windows Vista
> > Gadgets?
>
> Are those not just the same as beryl widgets / screenlets ? If so, that
> sort of thing works out of the box with beryl

Yes they look the same the same as the Vista Gadgets.  However I personally have never used them or beryl.

Something like that would add up to a really nice desktop under CentOS as a great article or even an add on cd project.
It is not to all often that you can obtain a desktop/server system like centos with more stability than windows ever thought of that cost
no money. If I myself had the experience in Graphical Development I would take on a add-on project like that.