[CentOS-docs] Screenshot on FrontPage

Tue Dec 30 08:55:37 UTC 2008
Marcus Moeller <mm at gcug.de>

Dear Dag.
..

>>> This is to notify that I have put a screenshot on the FrontPage. It is not
>>> an exciting screenshot, just a simple default desktop with the browser
>>> opened and pointed to the wiki itself.

I don't think it's a good idea to put a screenshot on the frontpage as
the wiki should be used as technical reference and give an overview
about the project itself as well as it's outcomes . I agree that a
visual impression of CentOS would be nice but I think it shouldn't be
part of the wiki frontpage. You may want to take a look at
openSUSE.org to see how it's handled there. They make use of some AJAX
elements to keep the content in front.

Best Regards
Marcus