[CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 00:01:53 UTC 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 2:41 PM, Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com> wrote:
> I think the basic postfix/dovecot guide is finished.
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix
>
> I've deliberately kept it as simple as possible - just the bare minimum
> to give readers a platform on which to build.
>
> Thinking some more about what I wrote below, I'd like to write up
> further stuff as separate guides designed to be sort of add in modules
> to the basic guide so readers can pick and choose the functionality they
> require and bolt them on to the basic guide (kind of like how the
> existing postgrey guide already does). Further topics could include such
> things as SASL/TLS, SpamAssassin/ClamAV, virtual domains/users etc, all
> written to compliment the basic guide. I could tackle a postfix
> restrictions guide but don't have the knowledge or expertise (yet) to
> tackle any others at the moment.
>
> Hoping to get some feedback even if it's only a "yes, go ahead" or "no,
> forget it, it's a rubbish idea" :)

I would say, "definitely go for it."  Your article on postfix has
already helped several people in the CentOS forums as far as I can
see.   I remember that those additions you are proposing were
requested / suggested in the forum as well.  I would welcome anything
that adds value to the CentOS Wiki.

Akemi