[CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

Thu Feb 7 23:07:06 UTC 2008
Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com>

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2008 2:41 PM, Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com> wrote:
>> I think the basic postfix/dovecot guide is finished.
>>
>> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix
>>
>> I've deliberately kept it as simple as possible - just the bare minimum
>> to give readers a platform on which to build.
>>
>> Thinking some more about what I wrote below, I'd like to write up
>> further stuff as separate guides designed to be sort of add in modules
>> to the basic guide so readers can pick and choose the functionality they
>> require and bolt them on to the basic guide (kind of like how the
>> existing postgrey guide already does). Further topics could include such
>> things as SASL/TLS, SpamAssassin/ClamAV, virtual domains/users etc, all
>> written to compliment the basic guide. I could tackle a postfix
>> restrictions guide but don't have the knowledge or expertise (yet) to
>> tackle any others at the moment.
>>
>> Hoping to get some feedback even if it's only a "yes, go ahead" or "no,
>> forget it, it's a rubbish idea" :)
>
> I would say, "definitely go for it."  Your article on postfix has
> already helped several people in the CentOS forums as far as I can
> see.   I remember that those additions you are proposing were
> requested / suggested in the forum as well.  I would welcome anything
> that adds value to the CentOS Wiki.
>
> Akemi

Thanks Akemi!

I've posted a postfix restrictions guide to compliment my basic postfix
guide, located here:

http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/postfix_restrictions

As usual, I welcome comments and/or corrections :)

After a suggestion on the forums from WhatsHisName, I'm hoping to tackle
a guide on SASL authentication and SSL/TLS encryption next as and when
time permits.

Regards,

Ned