[CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

Matthew Bowman matthew.bowman at sogotech.com
Fri Jan 25 12:52:50 UTC 2008

Ned Slider wrote:
> I'm no expert, but have been learning postfix recently, and would be
> more than happy to write one based on my own setup/experience. As
> there's so many different scenarios for which postfix could be
> configured, I'm thinking just a basic guide for a working mail server
> to get new users up and running, and from there they can tweak to
> their own environment. I'm thinking broad appeal (hopefully) for those
> who don't know where to start.
If there's any interest, I could definitely expand on the 'basic' guide
with an 'advance' guide for Postfix Virtual Domains (with and without
LDAP support), Filtering (SpamAssassin + ClamAV) and Dovecot LDAP
authentication as well. This is the current configuration we use in our
offices.

Currently we run this on CentOS 4 but are in the process of migrating to
CentOS 5 and I could do it for both. Not sure if dovecot on 5 was
compiled with LDAP support but I know I had to recompile it on 4 with LDAP.

--Matthew Bowman