[CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

Matthew Bowman matthew.bowman at sogotech.com
Fri Jan 25 14:07:23 UTC 2008

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> This is the sort of thing that should be going into CentOSPlus rather
> than fragmented user builds. What I would recommend you do is - test
> dovecot, if you need tweaks ( as you clearly do in c4 ) - open an
> issue at bugs.centos.org - file it against CentOS Plus and say that
> you are a CentOS Community member.
>
> In an ideal world, one would attach a .diff / .patch for the base
> centos .spec file as well :D
Over the next week or so I will be migrating our infrastructure over to
c5 and will see if there needs to be any tweaks. I'll document the
necessary steps for the mail setup on our internal MoinMoin Wiki for
easy migration to the Cent Wiki :-) If I need any tweaks, I'll get to
hacking the rpm as you suggested. If I can get rid of some of this
stupid paperwork on my desk I'll try to find the time to do it on c4 in
a vm.
> Once its in the repo's - you get the benefit of near zero maintenence
> work, and a lot more users get from your contribution and will send
> millions of dollars to you.
>
> Maybe not the millions, but the rest is true!
Is this negotiable? :-D

--Matthew