[CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

Fri Jan 25 00:22:23 UTC 2008
Ned Slider <nedslider at f2s.com>

Hi List,

Would the Wiki be interested in a very simple guide to setting up
postfix/dovecot?

I'm no expert, but have been learning postfix recently, and would be
more than happy to write one based on my own setup/experience. As
there's so many different scenarios for which postfix could be
configured, I'm thinking just a basic guide for a working mail server to
get new users up and running, and from there they can tweak to their own
environment. I'm thinking broad appeal (hopefully) for those who don't
know where to start.

I documented my own setup as I went (below) so something based on this
to give an idea:

http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=448351

...and if that goes down well, then maybe a section on anti-spam
settings (_restrictions) available in postfix to complement the recent
postgrey greylisting guide.

As always, I'd welcome input/comments from those more experienced!

Regards,

Ned