[CentOS-docs] Simple postfix/dovecot guide?

Fri Jan 25 13:31:02 UTC 2008

Matthew Bowman wrote:
> Currently we run this on CentOS 4 but are in the process of migrating to
> CentOS 5 and I could do it for both. Not sure if dovecot on 5 was
> compiled with LDAP support but I know I had to recompile it on 4 with LDAP.

This is the sort of thing that should be going into CentOSPlus rather
than fragmented user builds. What I would recommend you do is - test
dovecot, if you need tweaks ( as you clearly do in c4 ) - open an issue
at bugs.centos.org - file it against CentOS Plus and say that you are a
CentOS Community member.

In an ideal world, one would attach a .diff / .patch for the base centos
.spec file as well :D

Once its in the repo's - you get the benefit of near zero maintenence
work, and a lot more users get from your contribution and will send
millions of dollars to you.

Maybe not the millions, but the rest is true!

- KB