[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Jul 19 14:57:24 UTC 2008

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008, Marcus Moeller wrote:

> Dear Russ.

>> I wonder what in the world, which is material, you think is
>> ** not ** covereed between the Ed Bailey, and the Eric
>> Foster-Johnson, the GuruLabs resources (each down those
>> links).

> I am speaking about the CentOS Wiki and nothing more. I
> think pages like the Yum and RPM page should cover aspects
> of handling both tools and the build process should be
> described on a seperate page and linked from there.

My question stands unanswered:  'what in the world, which is
material, you think is ** not ** covered' presently?

Adding yet another secondary source, frankly written by people
who are NOT and have not been active in the builder, nor the
RPM communities, does not add light.

I don't see an improvement for the CentOS brand by simply
increasing quantity.

-- Russ herrold