[CentOS-docs] Access to Wiki Pages

Ralph Angenendt ra+centos at br-online.de
Sun Jul 20 19:36:06 UTC 2008

Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Dear Ralph.
>
> > Go ahead: You have to create pages like that:
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/de/TipsAndTricks/FooBar?action=edit
> >
> > as you would be redirected to the english page automagically, otherwise.
>
> Should I name the translated pages like the original ones, e.g.
> TipsAndTricks/CDtoDVDMedia or should I also translate the WikiPage
> name (to something like DVDmitCDMedienerstellen)?

You *need* to keep the original names. If our wiki finds a page in de/
space (or es/ for what it's worth) and the page isn't there, it
automatically redirects to the english page.

This gives you the possibility to completely translate link pages (like
de/TipsAndTricks) *including* relative links - and if the german page
isn't there, you'll get the english one.

Cheers,

Ralph