[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:48:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Filipe Brandenburger
<filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please Ralph,
>
> Could you create pages for me to create this content?
>
> I would suggest those names, but feel free to change them:
> 1) http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSrpm
> 2) http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SetupRpmBuildEnvironment
>
> My WikiUserName is FilipeBrandenburger.
>
> Thanks,
> Filipe

I'm confused.  Ralph, from what I read in all your responses so far,
you seem to be in favour of having this page written.  Or am I
mistaken?

The thread has been getting too long.  It is about just one Wiki page.
 No big deal to me.  Let's look at what is written and continue the
discussion if that is necessary.

This type of reaction (the whole thread) would scare other people away
who are thinking of contributing their time to write an article.  They
may fear that their proposal triggers yet another 40-ish thread and
their offer gets blown away.  We are even talking about opening up the
CentOS Wiki.  I cannot envision how that is ever possible if a simple
request like that does not see an end 10 days after the original
inquiry.

I am confused.

Akemi