[CentOS-docs] Additional Notes on: AtiDriver

Marcus Moeller mm at gcug.de
Wed Jul 30 20:18:00 UTC 2008

Dear Ralph.

I guess it was you who wrote the very helpful ATI driver tutorial
page. I just wanted to add some additional notes:

Package generation requires rpm-build to be installed. You may use:
yum install rpm-build on a clean CentOS box to do so.

Maybe you could also add a note for CentOS 5. On my 5.2 machine the
newly generated packages are found in:

/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/

instead of the current working directory (at least on my box, mabe
somebody else could verify it).

Also the newly generated fglrx package seems to require
compat-libstdc++-33 on CentOS5.

Concerning aticonfig: the command: aticonfig --initial will modify at
least the most necessary configuration options in xorg.conf

Kind Regards
Marcus