[CentOS-docs] Suggestions on "I Need the Kernel Source" Wiki pages

Akemi Yagi

amyagi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 15:32:06 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Antti J. Huhtala <ahuhtal4 at welho.com> wrote:
> la, 2008-07-12 kello 22:02 -0700, Akemi Yagi kirjoitti:
>> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:

> If there is a certain level of knowledge one must have before such
> attempts, why give *any* advice in the form of HowTos? People really in
> the know do not need it anyway.

This raises an interesting point by itself.  The role of CentOS Wiki
is primarily to provide CentOS-related information or help.  In the
case of the kernel articles, they explain how to handle the kernel
CentOS way, and many lines in there are specific for CentOS (like URLs
for kernel rpms).  Therefore, even Linux experts would benefit from
them unless they are already familiar with CentOS, or more generally,
with package-based managed systems (they tend to prefer make; make
rpm, for example).

On the other hand, CentOS Wiki can include more general, non-CentOS
specific help as well.   So, the question is what is the guidance here
for writing CentOS Wiki articles with respect to CentOS "relatedness".

Akemi