[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Filipe Brandenburger

filbranden at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 14:54:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 19, 2008 at 07:54, Alan Bartlett <ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 19/07/2008, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, when I want to assess if a new Wiki page is worth writing, I base
>> it on the past record and see if that article would have helped if
>> existed.  Here, I picked up some threads in the forums that are
>> related to "building from srpm".

>> Except for mine which was in May, all other examples are from this
>> month and from "highly knowledgeable people".  I personally feel (my
>> selfish thinking) that a single point of reference to a CentOS wiki
>> would have helped *both* the helpers and the users in all these cases
>> and many others I have seen not only in the forums but in the mailing
>> lists and IRC as well.
>
> Is that how you propose to proceed, Fillipe?

Yes, I would certainly start from what already is there, and try to
get centralization and structure to make it easy to understand and
howto-like, with a section on troubleshooting and some references for
who wants to get a deeper understanding on how it works and the gritty
details.

I hope that will match your expectations, but if it does not, please
let me know and I will try to tweak the Wiki page until everyone is
happy with it.

Regards,
Filipe