[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Alan Bartlett

ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:30:43 UTC 2008

Ralph,

Do you normally respond in a bottom-up fashion?

On 21/07/2008, Ralph Angenendt
<ra+centos at br-online.de<ra%2Bcentos at br-online.de>>
wrote:

> Alan Bartlett wrote:
> > On 18/07/2008, Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Without trying to start another heated discussion, are we going to
> > > create a specific page on creating a building infrastructure for RPMs
> > > and on how to rebuild a SRPM? My original e-mail from last week
> > > follows. Please let me know if you want me to contribute.
> > >

> > Have you fully researched what currently is present in the WIki?
> >
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/YumAndRPM#head-d2b0e7b7f3943ba0f8d08f9cfa46e821ba74aff4
>

> Well, hints and tips for building rpms/rebuilding srpms are all over the
> wiki,

Which is what I wanted to highlight by quoting that, above, as another
example.

but that is not what I call "well documented".

I most certainly have not used the phrase "well documented". Why do you put
it in quotation marks in a response to me? All that does is imply (to a
casual reader or one who does not bother to review everything in this
conversational thread) that you are quoting my words - which you are not. As
I have said before the English language is very precise if used correctly.
Problems will occur with its misuse.

A centralized point
> where anything else which needs explanations on doing so can link to is
> something we are really missing (IMNSHO).

Your last sentence above, once the intended logic is extracted from it, is
something I would agree with. Perhaps you will kindly expand on what it is
you intend by the "not so" (NS) in the parenthesised IMNSHO?

Alan.