[CentOS-docs] Suggestions on "I Need the Kernel Source" Wiki pages

Sun Jul 13 15:14:19 UTC 2008
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 10:02:09PM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
>> > On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 09:11:10PM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:

>> When I come to think about it, building a custom kernel is not really
>> for people who require help at that level.  Not that I am discouraging
>> it but, especially in CentOS, this kind of practice should be done by
>> those who know very well what they are doing.
>
> While I understand, I must (most respectfully) disagree in this case.
> The OP is a perfect example.  He had valid reasons for rebuilding--the
> 30 seconds it would take to add the explation in the documentation would
> have saved him far more than 30 seconds--therefore, it's a profit.  :)

I knew my comment would trigger some reactions (and I was right) :-)

But before my posting, I had already added a "back ticks" note in
parenthesis on that wiki page.  Then Alan woke up (for people who
don't know he is in the UK) and made it much nicer.

Akemi