[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Mon Jul 21 13:19:12 UTC 2008
Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>

R P Herrold wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jul 2008, Marcus Moeller wrote:
>
>> Dear Russ.
>
>>> I wonder what in the world, which is material, you think is ** not **
>>> covereed between the Ed Bailey, and the Eric Foster-Johnson, the
>>> GuruLabs resources (each down those links).
>
>> I am speaking about the CentOS Wiki and nothing more. I think pages
>> like the Yum and RPM page should cover aspects of handling both tools
>> and the build process should be described on a seperate page and linked
>> from there.
>
> My question stands unanswered:  'what in the world, which is material,
> you think is ** not ** covered' presently?
>
> Adding yet another secondary source, frankly written by people who are
> NOT and have not been active in the builder, nor the RPM communities,
> does not add light.

Your opinion. Having stuff like that spluttered all over the wiki in
pages which clearly don't have anything to do with rpm building doesn't
help either.

> I don't see an improvement for the CentOS brand by simply increasing
> quantity.

Centralized point of documentation.

Ralph