[CentOS-docs] Re: Create page about rebuilding SRPMS and preparing RPM environment

Mon Jul 21 16:25:53 UTC 2008
Filipe Brandenburger <filbranden at gmail.com>

Hi,

I'm sorry if I'm not answering all e-mails on this thread, I really
thought this would be a simple issue and would not create a lengthy
thread like this one.

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:01, Alan Bartlett <ajb.stxsl at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On the 19 July the general
> opinion was that Filipe should go ahead and draft out his idea.

Ok, if this is still the general opinion please let me know. I would
rather work on the Wiki itself directly, since then it's easier to
have others collaborate and the markup will be finished when the
content is finished. If you wish, it could be in a "sandbox" and not
directly on the definitive URL.

> I suggested
> that if needs be, I would help him with some editing of his work. Filipe
> (from my reading of his response) was agreeable to that and was still
> enthusiastic in helping.

Yes, I would love to have others collaborate (with fixing English and
language, adding new subtopics, helping make it clear). I mean, that's
the point of Wiki.

> I have been waiting to see the initial draft. It
> turns out that he (Filipe) does not have anywhere to do this work.

I could do a .txt and send it to the mailing list, but as I said, I
think working on the Wiki would be more productive.

I actually think it would be productive to give more people write
access to this page, since there are others who certainly are more
knowledgeable than me in this area, and I would certainly invite
collaboration. I volunteered to start it, I could do it all by myself
and enhance it from others' feedback, but I believe it would certainly
benefit from others in this list being able to edit it directly.

My offer is certainly still up. However, if someone else wants to step
up and start a page with this content, I would certainly not mind, and
I would certainly contribute ideas (using this list?) and reviewing
it.

Thanks,
Filipe