[CentOS-docs] Article for wiki consideration

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 05:23:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 09:55:50PM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> 2008/5/29 Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>:
> > Daniel de Kok wrote:
> >> Of course, this would require a volunteer who is willing to maintain
> >> such a set of patches against the kernel. But if someone is willing to
> >> do this, it can profit from CentOS quality assurance, and guarantee
> >> good compatibility with CentOS.
> >
> > Only if that person also wants to support that on the #irc channel and
> > can explain why we support one type of vserver and don't support the
> > other :)
> >

> > Ralph
>
> This thread has been dormant for a while.  I think that the original
> proposal for the Wiki article on 'howto vsersre' should be given a
> serious consideration.  We now seem to have another inquiry relating
> to virtualization, "Installing and using OpenVZ with CentOS 5".

Just for clarification, due to the similarity of name and topic, Scott
Robbins (me) requested permission to post an article about
Linux-VServer.

The other Scott who posted tonight is talking about OpenVZ, which, like
VServer is more like a FreeBSD jail than a VMware virtual machine.

To the other Scott, Akemi-san included parts of the earlier
discussion.  It referred to a reservation Ralph and others expressed
about my article, the fact  that it does require a non-CentOS
produced kernel.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Kendra: I call it Mr. Pointy.
Buffy: You named your stake?
Kendra: Yes.
Buffy: Remind me to get you a stuffed animal.