[CentOS-docs] Article for wiki consideration

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Jun 7 05:23:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 09:55:50PM -0700, Akemi Yagi wrote:
> 2008/5/29 Ralph Angenendt <ra+centos at br-online.de>:
> > Daniel de Kok wrote:
> >> Of course, this would require a volunteer who is willing to maintain
> >> such a set of patches against the kernel. But if someone is willing to
> >> do this, it can profit from CentOS quality assurance, and guarantee
> >> good compatibility with CentOS.
> >
> > Only if that person also wants to support that on the #irc channel and
> > can explain why we support one type of vserver and don't support the
> > other :)
> >

> > Ralph
> This thread has been dormant for a while.  I think that the original
> proposal for the Wiki article on 'howto vsersre' should be given a
> serious consideration.  We now seem to have another inquiry relating
> to virtualization, "Installing and using OpenVZ with CentOS 5".

Just for clarification, due to the similarity of name and topic, Scott
Robbins (me) requested permission to post an article about

The other Scott who posted tonight is talking about OpenVZ, which, like
VServer is more like a FreeBSD jail than a VMware virtual machine.

To the other Scott, Akemi-san included parts of the earlier
discussion.  It referred to a reservation Ralph and others expressed
about my article, the fact  that it does require a non-CentOS
produced kernel.

Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

Kendra: I call it Mr. Pointy.
Buffy: You named your stake?
Kendra: Yes.
Buffy: Remind me to get you a stuffed animal.