[CentOS-docs] Re: [CentOS-promo] Intro and Translation

wonderer wonderer4711 at gmx.de
Mon Jun 16 15:57:36 UTC 2008

Dag Wieers schrieb:
> On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, wonderer wrote:
>
>> Ralph Angenendt schrieb:

>>> centos-docs list, please - and at the moment we really would prefer if
>>> you told us *what* you want to put in *where*. This will change soon,
>>> but until then ...
>>
>> Build the own wiki page, put in some odp work, refresh some press
>> related stuff...
>> Bu I see, I'll better wait till the structure was buidl up a bit...
>
> Waiting does not work, believe me, I tried it :-)
You too? :-)

> If you want to be involved and active in the Promo SIG, we should use
> this list to discuss things (like the TODO list that I once wrote) and
> you obviously need Wiki access to help maintain that part.
Ok.

> Not everything in that list falls directly under the promotional part
> of the promo SIG, but promoting CentOS is more than doing some
> marketing or events. That is why we did not want to call it
> 'marketing' (I hate that word anyway).
Ok, I'm aware of the differences between PR, Promotion, Marketing and
Advertisement ;-)

I see some main parts to work on:

Promotion - spread the word, make Presentations, DO Events, etc.

PR (inner and outer) - more for the CentOS team itself to work on...

Marketing & Advertisement - here could also the part with CentOS
Commercial be discussed and also how maybe CentOS could involve with
other 3rd partys or maybe get some help from RH... but Thats another
point I think...

cheers
Henrik