[CentOS-docs] Added Download page to wiki

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue Jun 24 18:40:22 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have added a Download page to the wiki. Feel free to improve it (but
please do not make it more complex than it already is :-))

I would prefer to make it even more simple, but hate to have the
architecture-selection done by DirectoryIndex. Also the link behind each
architecture looks awful and may scare people away.

It would be much better to have a single link that automatically
translates into the closest mirror. Or have a dynamic selection. (Can we
write MoinMoin plugins for doing this ?)

I chose to not add a bittorrent link, because it would introduce again
several links to each architecture and that would make it even worse. The
link from the mirror however does include torrent-files. Also for this a
better solution would be good.

I also modified the frontpage slightly to have a link to this Download
page because that was missing (for a long time now). People were also
confused to find the release notes behind the different versions, so I
moved them to the download page as well.

Now on to creating a Donate page...